Cat & Dog Teeth Cleaning Services in Columbus, OH
Cats and dogs are prone to dental disease, due to a lack of oral hygiene. Brushing your pet’s teeth on a daily basis is one of the most effective ways to reduce plaque and tartar build-up. Yet, brushing alone is not enough—not to mention it can be difficult to brush an uncooperative pet’s teeth every day! With at-home cat and dog teeth cleaning coupled with professional cleanings at our animal hospital in Columbus, OH, your pet can avoid dental disease altogether.
Does your pet have bad breath?
It could be dental disease!
Signs of Dental Disease
If your pet exhibits any of these behaviors or symptoms, it could be a sign of dental disease. Be sure to make an appointment soon if you notice any of these signs:
- Bad breath
- Discolored teeth
- Excessive drooling
- Bleeding or swollen gums
- Difficulty holding toys or eating
- Loss of appetite
- Swollen or painful face
- Blood in water bowl
- Changes in behavior such as hiding more often or showing aggression
Why is Dental Care So Important?
If dental disease is allowed to develop, it can spiral into far more than an oral health problem. Here are other ways dental disease can affect your pet’s health:
- A painful mouth can affect your pet’s quality of life, making it harder for them to enjoy the things they love like playing tug of war, eating their favorite treats, or picking up toys.
- If left untreated, dental disease can affect your pet’s systemic health. Bacteria in the mouth can enter your pet’s bloodstream and affect internal organs such as their heart, liver, or kidneys.
- Dental disease can severely impact your pet’s quality of life. With secondary health problems caused by dental disease, your pet’s health and longevity are severely affected, giving you fewer years with your beloved companion.