Laser Therapy for Dogs and Cats to Treat a Variety of Conditions in Columbus, OH
North Kenny Veterinary Hospital proudly offers laser therapy for dogs and cats for treatment of a variety of conditions. This treatment can be used to manage pain, inflammation and wound healing in conjunction with OR in place of medications.
Could laser therapy help your pet?
Schedule a visit today to find out!
What is Laser Therapy for Pets and How Does It Work?
Laser therapy uses a beam of light to penetrate body tissue and induce a biological response to reduce pain, inflammation and promote healing.
Laser stands for “light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation.” Laser therapy uses a chemical process in which photons from a laser interact with target cells via a non-thermal mechanism to cause either inhibition of biochemical pathways of stimulation. This process is called photobiomodulation.
What Laser Therapy Provides for Dogs and Cats
- Pain relief
- Improved flexibility and function
- Increased circulation which promotes healing
- Increased healing time
- Reduction of symptoms (arthritis)
- Reduction of inflammation, swelling and stiffness
Clinical Uses of Laser Therapy for Dogs and Cats
- Chronic and acute conditions
- Arthritic patients
- Hip Dysplasia etc.
- Sports dogs
- Preventative musculoskeletal care
- Skin infections
- Ear infections
- Anal gland ruptures
- Strained muscles
- Aural hematomas
- Pets who cannot be on certain pain medications (those with liver disease etc.)